Help Our Fitters Keep Cool During The Heatwave
As you may have noticed, the UK is in the middle of a heatwave, seeing temperatures soar and potentially even break records. During hot weather the demand for blinds skyrocket. Everyone is trying to keep cool in their conservatory, orangery or extension to stay comfortable.
While the temperatures can start get be unbearable for most of us normally, it is even worse for our installation team. The hottest part of the conservatory is the roof, and the closer you get to it the warmer it gets. In some cases the roof of a conservatory can approach 60ºC (140ºF)! This makes it extremely uncomfortable when trying to work up there either measuring for or installing conservatory blinds.
How we can keep coolDuring periods of hot weather we ask that our customers do as much as possible to help our fitters keep cool. A couple of things which help greatly are keeping a power socket free, many of our fitters bring their own fans with them. And also, cold drinks are always appreciated. Please also be understanding if your fitter needs to take a short break when measuring or installing roof blinds. Our fitters try to alleviate the hot conditions by:
- Start work early – if we can start early in the morning, we can avoid the worst of the day’s sun
- Ventilate the conservatory – creating a through-draft significantly reduces the temperature
- Create our own shade – we fit the largest roof blinds first so that we can work in our own shade
- Drink lots of fluids – it is so unbelievably hot at roof level that we lose a lot of body fluids,
- Take regular breaks – it is quite easy to suffer heat stroke working in conservatories
We really appreciate anything you can do to keep our fitters cool!For more information on how our installers fit the blinds, read our latest news item.