A Recent Conservatory in Need of Some TLC…
Posted: 17 May 2019Last month, Conservatory Blinds Limited fitted a new set of roof and slide blinds for a recent conservatory in need of some TLC. The customer had a Victorian Style conservatory which previously had broken motorised roof and side blinds installed by another company. The conservatory had motorised roller roof blinds – a style of blinds we do not actually offer ourselves; for reasons that are very apparent in the “before” pictures below. After time, roller roof blinds start to sag a great deal. This means the blinds did not cover the entire window, leaving little gaps. Consequently, in the summer months the sunlight would have caused a glare through the gaps; making it hard to do everyday activities such as watching the television. Additionally, it’s likely the conservatory would have become uncomfortably warm in the summer and too cold in the winter. The old blinds were also failing to respond to their remote control. This made it difficult to retract and close the blinds.
As a result, the customer decided to have a sales visit from a member of our sales team. They went through all the different options available for this type of conservatory. After reviewing the conservatory the customer opted for pure ™ pleated blinds for the side windows and Duette® pleated blinds for the roof. This made the conservatory look spectacular but also practical for all the seasons.
Main advantages of Duette® roof blinds:
- The fabrics uses a honeycomb structure; designed to control heat in both the summer and winter by preventing heat build-up.
- Can be used with our pure™ rail to ensure a neat fit, that leaves minimal gaps to let light in.
- Easy to maintain over time, meaning the blinds will still looking like new for years to come.
Main advantages of pure™ pleated blinds:
- Designed to prevent heat build-up while letting in natural light, preventing the conservatory from getting too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.
- Our fitters can shape blinds to the most difficult shapes in side and roof windows. This leaves the installation looking flawless.
- pure™ pleated blinds use our unique pure™ rails to ensure the blinds fit right up to the edge of the frame. This prevents unwanted glare from the sunlight, allowing customers to use their conservatory all year round.