Blind Cord Safety
Looped cords have always been a risk for young children, so consider this carefully when buying your conservatory blinds.
- Cleats to tie off any hanging cords 1.5m above floor level
- Connectors that convert a looped cord into a single cord
- Breakaway connectors that come apart when subjected to pressure
- Retractable cords that disappear back into the blind fater operation
- SmartCord Duette® window blinds
- LiteRise® pleated and Duette® blinds
- Wand operated vertical blinds
- Tensioned roller blinds
- Tensioned venetian blinds
- Crank operated blinds
- Motorised blinds
There are millions of curtains and blinds fitted in the UK with looped cords, all of which pose a potential risk to young children, and even our pets. We have posted numerous news articles and reminders about this on our web site, educating home owners to review their blinds, seek out alternative safety options and, above all, to be vigilant when supervising young children.