Solar Reflective Fabrics
Solar Reflective Fabrics for our pleated blinds, roman blinds and even our wood pinoleum blinds to reduce heat loss, heat gain and UV, without darkening your conservatory and adjoining rooms.
Solar Design™ is a range of solar reflective fabrics designed for conservatories, so they provide much more than just simple shade.
Our solar reflective fabrics work in conjunction with solar glazing so that you reduce heat from solar gain without the risk of damaging your glass.
The fabrics are formed from high quality polyester brand yarns (such as Diolen, Hoechst, BASF and Trevira) which are woven, smoothed and coated with specialist treatments to make them highly resistant to the harsh environments in a conservatory.
- Fade-resistant from UV (colourfastness of 5-7 on Blue Wool Scale)
- Heat resistant to air temperatures up to 120°C (approx. 248°F)
- Resistant to oxidation from contaminants (e.g. insects)
- Resistant to humidity, condensation and moisture (washable)
- Dust-resistant (anti-static treatment to DIN EN 1149-1/2)
- Flame Retardant (tested to BS5867, Part 2: Type B and DIN 4102 part 1 – “hardly flammable”)
Solar Design™ fabrics are also ‘shrink-proof’ with permanent profiled pleats that are formed at high temperature so that the fabric forms a memory – not simple pleats that will drop out over time.